Saturday, July 22, 2006

P.K.Simpson & Co.

Last night, I was watching late-night TV (as you do), and as I was getting increasingly and more violently irritated by the barrage of ads for phone, internet, SMS dating and Jenna Jameson's eyes being blue, I was suddenly STRUCK with the collosal, magnificent power of The. Single. Greatest. Ad. In the history of everything ever. Now brace yourselves, you're entering a new dimension from which it will be impossible to extract oneself because of the sheer overwhelming force of the ecstatic bliss that accompanies the knowledge of what I am about to divulge.

It consisted of a plain blue screen - I mean, genius right there, yeah? Whoever could conjure such magic? And not just any plain blue screen, but a plain blue screen, WITH WRITING ON IT. I mean, have you ever dreamed up such a concept? The masters are always the ones who break the rules, who take such a simple concept and twist and meld it to form their own little pattern until the rest of us can only look on, enviously, like Antonio Salieri, and wonder, how does he do it? How does he make it seem so effortless?

Yet there was further divine sorcery afoot. As I watched this ad for the Traffic Injury & Compensation soliciting firm P.K.Simpson & Co, jaw gaping moronically, the voiceover spoke the immortal words by which I shall henceforth guide my life. A slogan from the heavens above, words that Jesus Christ himself couldn't conjugate, that make the combined works of Shakespeare, Chaucer and Dickens look like the Sun Herald TV Guide's interview with Paris Hilton.

"Homer doesn't work here, but P.K. does"

O ye speaker of divine truth, I bow down before my immortal creator and suckle at the ground ye made, I am but a groundling, a wretch, in the face of such eternal wisdom.

Heavenly visions aside though, I would dearly love to jump on the promotional bandwagon, because genius like this is something I want to heavily encourage and foster to blossom, and bloom, and grow, into something beautiful and precious for the whole world to enjoy.

So if you've received an injury at work and want to make a claim, don't be embarrassed, come and meet with one of the solicitors at P.K. Simpson & Co. The first consultation is FREE and can be arranged after work hours.
Call Sydney (02) 9299-1424 now, or visit us at Level 6, 49 Market St, Sydney.

If you have a query, simply email enquiry@pksimpson.com.au, and we will call you back.

Homer doesn't work here, but P.K. does.

3 Comments:

Blogger Catie said...

I have often thought the same thing myself... Did you know that they have a radio ad too? Picture if you will the television ad, but without th blue screen. And there you have it.

July 25, 2006 at 1:58 AM  
Blogger Jez said...

I have heard the "Homer doesn't work here, but P.K. does" line before (not on the blue screen ad though).

But your blog post will certainly knock said ad off the top of the "endorsements for P.K. Simpson and Co" heap.

Genius!

July 26, 2006 at 1:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how about the new mentos on telly recently? the one where a guy on the beach suddenly 'grows' really long and erect nipples with which he catches a frisbee among other things. the ad drags on for ages, and it's just torture. i can't believe i'm giving it publicity.

October 16, 2006 at 7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home