Saturday, December 23, 2017

Songs of 2017 Part 1: 100-61

For my write-up of the best music Jez and I listened to this year (according to me), I'm going to stick with my annual tradition (which began last year as a mere yearly custom) of posting songs first, in the following structure: #100-#51, unadorned with no comments (explanations available on demand, if you violently disagree, Mother); then #50-#21 with minor commentary; followed by my top 20 songs. I'll then follow this with my top 25 albums a day or so later (depending on how long it takes me to write this all up).

So to begin with, here's the bottom end of my top 100 songs of the year. Following the write-ups, these and my entire long playlist of contenders for this list will be made publicly available on Google Play, which I'll link to following my top 20 write-up.

100. 'True Sons of Zion' by Thievery Corporation feat. Notch
99. 'Es Samra' by Omar Souleyman
98. 'Television Teeth' by Roadkill Ghost Choir
97. 'Fly' by Emily Saliers
96. 'Time Rolls On' by Scarborough
95. 'Bella Ciao' by Skassapunka
94. 'Colors' by Beck
93. 'Wave to Anchor' by Hundred Waters
92. 'Candle' by All Our Exes Live in Texas
91. 'The Water' by San Cisco
90. 'Unfuck the World' by Prophets of Rage
89. 'The Gold' by Manchester Orchestra
88. 'Gentle and Kind' by Curls
87. 'I'll Make it Up To You' by Imagine Dragons
86. 'Victims of Geology' by Warm Digits
85. 'Preludes' by Craig Finn
84. 'Stardust' by Asgeir
83. 'Arizona Stars' by The Accidentals
82. 'K' by Cigarettes After Sex
81. 'What's the Name of that Flower' by Sundays & Cybele
80. 'Color Green' by New Politics
79. 'Heavenbound' by Mt Wolf
78. 'Pick Up the Phone' by Lupe Fiasco
77. 'Homo Sapien' by Lenka
76. 'Fiasco' by Mánran
75. 'Nothing's Ever Over' by TeamMate
74. 'Gemini' by Saskwatch
73. 'Better Sit Down Boy' by Confidence Man
72. 'Then There's You' by Saskwatch
71. 'All Around the World' by Taj Mahal & Keb Mo
70. 'Condemned to Live' by Ayreon
69. 'Two Forks' by Squeeze
68. 'Aladdin' by Future Islands
67. 'Pain' by The War on Drugs
66. 'Be Afraid' by So Much Light
65. 'Thursday in the Danger Room' by Run the Jewels feat. Kamasi Washington
64. 'Canadian Ranger' by Fitness Forever
63. 'Phantom Self' by Sepultura
62. 'Brooklyn, You're Killing Me' by Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness
61. 'One Night in Vegas' by Deep Purple
60. 'Rhesus Negative' by Blanck Mass
59. 'Cuffed' by Nick Hakim
58. 'White Flag' by Rose Cousins
57. 'The Cabaret of Dreams' by Seven Spires
56. 'Rebels' by Cellar Darling
55. 'Thinking of a Place' by The War on Drugs
54. 'Honest and True' by Lillie Mae
53. 'Everyone You Meet' by The Clientele
52. 'The Paradox' by Seven Spires
51. 'Spider' by Emily Saliers

So either tomorrow, or later today, depending on how much commentary I can put together in half a day, we'll get into my top 50 and then hopefully the top 20 the following day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home