Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Happy Birthday, Where's my tart? I want chips and tart!

Yes my lovely readers, today marks a year since I first created this wonderful interface between reality and Sam's disturbed mind, and O, O what a year it has been. It's been a year that's seen war, death, famine, pestilence ride the ebony tram ride from one side of oblivion to the other, we've had fun, we've had laughs, we've had tea and biscuits and jam, what next, I ask? What next?

Well I guess we can't really see that far ahead right now. As the great philosopher Doris Day once said, "With a whisk-whisk here and a whisk-whisk there and a dustpan for the cinders, with a rub-rub here and a rub-rub there she could polish up the winders". The relevance of this quote to the future and the fact that whatever will be will be varies depending on how much vodka I've had of course, but the quote stands and will stand forever more.

So as a brief celebration of this momentous occasion, I thought I'd share with you a few highlights of my darling blog's life. Just a reminder of the very first entry ever to adorn its lovely, lovely pages:

Blah
I dunno, it seems I may have to create a post in order for there to appear anything on this page. And God knows I'd hate for anyone to miss out on the excitement of seeing a URL with "Sean's Beard" essentially included...

Astonishing eh? Such an indictment of the incredibly eloquent and flowery speeches to come. Or at least, remarkable to marvel at simply how far I've come, from the early days when I used my blog purely for the purposes to whinge to these days, when I use my blog in such a completely different way and for totally different purposes... Yes indeed.

So who could forget these classic moments?

- Me trying to investigate the origins of the term "axe wound"

- My critique of the Responsible Service of Alcohol educational system

- Melbourne Philosopher's brief adventure onto my blog at the mention of the word "pretension" which formed a great sympatico between me and him

- My description of behind the McDonald's grill

- Anonymous's Noel Coward-esque repartee "I think it's pretty clear that you are a nerd. Well done douche-bag"

- My insanely long, insanely pointless discussion of Norse mythology and etymology

- My philosophical musings on beauty and despair

- My rantings from an empty psychology experiment

- My foray into the world of our Vice-Chancellor and the substances he inhales

- My admission that I really am a nerd and a douche bag

- My in-depth analysis of war and cupcakes

- My educational discourse on the reality of Diabetes

- My pompous, self-congratulatory list of highlights from a year of my blog.

Ah, *wipes tear away from eye* the memories. Oh, such memories. You simply can't buy memories like this. Oh to think what happiness this ranting forum has given so many thousands around the world, ah 'tis to weep... And to think how much potential there still is waiting in her wings, ah when I think of all the wonders this world has to offer, all I can do is borrow from that other great philosopher Louis Armstrong, and say "Now she wants a butter an egg man, a great big butter and egg man from way down South"

Deep.

29 Comments:

Blogger Jez said...

Dude, I've changed my mind about how often you should post. Reminding me of how good your posts are makes me think they're worth waiting for.

Quality over quantity.

Oh, and by the way, this isn't really Jez, it's Sam, finding another unique way to give myself a self-congratulatory masturbation.

September 6, 2005 at 8:14 PM  
Blogger Catie said...

happy birthday blog! *pops party popper*

September 6, 2005 at 10:18 PM  
Blogger Ang said...

Happy birthday WMT?IWCAT! We love you! *gives present*

September 6, 2005 at 10:31 PM  
Blogger Ang said...

hello, this is bec

September 6, 2005 at 10:32 PM  
Blogger Ang said...

and not really ang

September 6, 2005 at 10:32 PM  
Blogger Ang said...

Wait, the first one, the one where I said happy birthday, and gave the blog a present (a tastefully wrapped $5 bottle of Sangria, I'll have you know) was me, Ang, and not Bec. Not Bec at all, in any way whatsoever. Only the subsequent 2 comments.And also not this one. And I'm Ang.

September 6, 2005 at 10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello

September 6, 2005 at 10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

anonymous is boring, i don't get the blue and the adorned underline, yeah, i don't get a link thingy, i want a link thingy, i think i'm entitled to a link thingy, that's it. and i'm bec (so types ang).

September 6, 2005 at 10:36 PM  
Blogger Ang said...

Gaaah! framed! Stop spamming sam's birthday. Bec! Bad Bec!~ *slaps wrist* I shall log out and thus deny you access. So there. Have a nice day sam, and blog, and readers.

September 6, 2005 at 10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday sam's blog!!!!!!
you're one, yay, the one, only one,

September 6, 2005 at 10:37 PM  
Blogger Ang said...

And in celebration of your birthday, oh blog, today I watched the episode of Black Books after which you are named for the first time. Yay!

September 7, 2005 at 5:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A great achievement! The world has been a better place with your blog in it, Sam.

September 7, 2005 at 11:35 PM  
Blogger Catie said...

...although am not in favour of the idea of butter and egg. but blog is good, apart from these egg-related endorsements. omelettes and such. do you have some kind of sponsorship deal? *glares suspiciously*

September 13, 2005 at 12:31 AM  
Blogger Jez said...

Talking about egg sponsorships, that reminds me of how eggs now have the Heart Foundation's "tick of approval" after the Egg Council of Australia paid them an "undisclosed sum".

Makes you think, doesn't it?

September 13, 2005 at 5:29 PM  
Blogger Catie said...

sure does. eggs are more evil than i thought.

September 20, 2005 at 1:28 AM  
Blogger Catie said...

in a celebration of all things beard-like, check this out:
http://www.worldbeardchampionships.com/

September 28, 2005 at 11:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here I am reading this from half way around the world. Makes writing your blog worthwhile doesn't it?

Mum

October 6, 2005 at 1:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here I am reading your blog from half way around the world. Makes writing it worthwhile hey?

Love mum

October 6, 2005 at 1:28 AM  
Blogger Ang said...

Gosh! Mums are reading this around the world! (Presumably Sam's Mums (there seem to betwo of them, as there are often 2 of me when I double post or repeat myself or repeat myself)

Post again, Sam, I know for a fact that you're in a computer lab! Stop making eyes at the attractive students or whatever it is you're doing and make with the blog posts!

October 10, 2005 at 1:31 AM  
Blogger Jez said...

I second that opinion. Make with the posts or the kitten gets it.

October 11, 2005 at 11:52 PM  
Blogger Sean's Beard said...

Jez said...

Dude, I've changed my mind about how often you should post. Reminding me of how good your posts are makes me think they're worth waiting for.

Quality over quantity.

Jez said...

Make with the posts or the kitten gets it.

My my, how quickly times change...

October 15, 2005 at 3:51 PM  
Blogger Jez said...

There's a delicate balance there. Quality over quantity is fine, as long as there is some quantity. When quantity drops too low it's perhaps time to sacrifice quality.

If we analysed it, we'd get a ratio of 81.4% quality to 18.6% quantity, but in the time between said "Quality over quantity" and "kitten gets it" posts, quantity dropped below the critical 18.6% point, and hence affirmative action needed to be taken.

So I repeat, Mr. Tiddles is in danger of losing paws slowly until this imbalance is rectified.

October 16, 2005 at 7:11 PM  
Blogger Ang said...

Yeah! What he said!

October 17, 2005 at 5:25 AM  
Blogger Catie said...

hear hear!

October 22, 2005 at 10:00 PM  
Blogger Catie said...

...interesting, i commented, but it only shows up when i go to write a new comment. i wonder if this one will work? or if it is just my computer?
now time to put in the customary "write a new post or else"
or else what you ask?
or else the kitty will shoot, that's what.

October 24, 2005 at 7:27 AM  
Blogger Catie said...

surely something interesting happened in october for you to write about? you could critique trivia hosts or something. write about the oscars. terrorist laws, melbourne cup...

November 1, 2005 at 6:01 AM  
Blogger Ang said...

when viewing comments,avatars don't show up. So Catie's threat is amusingly confusing, too. The kitty is a sniper, Oh Sam. Fear for your very life.

November 1, 2005 at 6:54 PM  
Blogger Ang said...

Your exams are over, Sam. You now have a week , as per our agreement, to post again. Or we'll mail you Bec's ear, or something.

November 14, 2005 at 8:13 PM  
Blogger Catie said...

... the clock is ticking...

November 23, 2005 at 6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home